Tuesday 28 August 2012

Today's craft hour during The Great British Bake Off

So, after a busy day in the lab I got home and crafted this lovely sun-dried tomato wreath. I'm obsessed with hearts. I haven't counted exactly, but at a guess I must have about 30 hearts scattered around my house. Each one is made of a different material ranging from wood, to metal, to clay, to peanuts!

This one is quite simple but ever so pretty and very aromatic. It looks lovely in my kitchen and makes it smell heavenly too.


For this heart I used strong but pliable piece of wire and bent it into the shape of a heart, and threaded tomato pieces onto it. I twisted the ends with pliers to stop the heart from coming apart and attached twine for hanging and presto! In the time it took me to watch the latest episode of The Great British Bake Off I had made a lovely heart. I can never just sit there and watch telly. I always have to have something else on the go like knitting, crocheting, crafting, baking, sanding, varnishing, painting, etc... Lovely :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment