Monday 27 August 2012

My craft room heaven

Well, here it is. My craft room looking unusually neat and tidy! In about 2 hours time it'll look like a bomb site. There's a tendency for my crafting to get out of hand and my fiance frequently refers to it as 'craft explosion'.

On occasions I have been told to clear up the craft explosion or else! I start clearing things when I see Daniel reach for the black bin bag. This is an old trick my mum used to use to get me to tidy my room. I am ever so slightly ashamed to admit that at the age of 31 someone still has to use this tactic to get me to shift! Ah well, I suppose I shall never change now and I wouldn't even like to change. I love my organised creative mess.

I always have work in progress. There are paintings that have been waiting to be finished for years, knitting that has sat there for decades and other crafts that will one day be finished, just not sure when. You can also see there's lots of 'junk' on the floor. Yup, I am a bit of a hoarder. I keep just about everything to use in my upcycling projects. Today I recycled a whole bag of cardboard I have been storing for projects that never came to fruition. It sometime surprises me what I keep!


I am currently working on bottle caps/tops art/sculpture type thing. It's in early stage (i.e. in my imagination!). Watch this space. Back to the craft room for now :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment